The eggplants are baked, cleaned and placed on an inclined board, drained. Donuts and bell peppers, wash well, remove the tails and leave to dry (dry). Onions and carrots are cleaned and washed. The hot peppers are washed and the seeds and ribs are removed. The mushrooms are washed and boiled in water with a little salt for 20 ', then they are taken out in a strainer. In a taller pan, put palm oil, in which we will cook the donuts and peppers one by one, then clean them of the skin and stalks. We grind all the vegetables with a meat grinder, chop the eggplants and put them in separate bowls.
In a large pot (I put it in two, because it didn't fit me) put the oil on the heat and add the vegetables, the broth one by one and season, in the order of listing the ingredients. Boil the zacusca for 2 hours, over low heat (since it first boils), stirring often enough not to stick to the bottom of the pan, until it becomes like a paste. When it is ready, we put it in sterilized jars, screw them on and place them between the beds for 1-2 days, after which we label them and order them on the shelf in the pantry. These were my last cans put this year, I don't have room on the shelves anyway, they are all full. Good appetite!
Eggplant zacusca ingredient:
- 3 kg. eggplant (choose the ones with black and shiny skin, slightly fluffy to the touch)
- 2 kg. of red peppers, preferably donuts, which are sweeter, but also go with kapia peppers or red bell peppers
- 1 kg. of onions
- 1 liter of tomato broth of suitable consistency (not paste)
- 500 ml. of oil
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or 1 teaspoon peppercorns
Preparation of eggplant zacusca & # 8211 baking vegetables
1. If, in the case of peppers, they can be used for zacusca and cruzi, it is not possible to skip the baked eggplant. So this will be the first step: bake the eggplant on the grill, on the disc, on the hob, on whatever is possible. Just come in direct contact with a hot surface or a living flame. It is good to prick the eggplants before baking them to avoid accidents that can occur due to their explosion.
Bake the eggplant all around until the peel is charred in places and the core is soft. The ripe eggplants are removed in a strainer placed on top of a bowl in which to collect the bitter liquid that the ripe eggplants will leave. Cover with a lid, so they will steam and peel more easily. As soon as we can touch them with our hands, we peel them, without using water. I dig them out with a spoon from the shell and put them in a plastic strainer, so that the liquid drains well.
2. Returning to peppers: as I said, it is possible to make zacusca using raw peppers, given by car. In this case, however, it will take longer to cook zacusca. Also, the finished preparation will be harder to digest, containing the indigestible skin of the peppers. My recommendation is to cook the peppers, also by direct contact with a hot surface.
As soon as the peppers are cooked (their peel shows traces of carbonization all around) they are removed in a bowl with a lid. Let it steam there until it cools down enough to touch them, then peel them, removing the back and seeds.
Under no circumstances should water be used to clean baked eggplants and peppers. Wash the vegetables before cooking. After that, it is not advisable to come in contact with water because they will lose their good taste, baking.
How to prepare ripe vegetables for zacusca
3. In the case of eggplant, the leaking liquid has nothing to look for in any preparation, being bitter. Instead, the liquid left by the baked peppers will be sweet and very tasty, so it can be stored. I do that.
Finely chop the eggplant with a non-metallic object (wood or ceramic), so as not to darken, which would affect the appearance. The peppers are passed through the mincer.
Zacusca preparation & # 8211 boiling
4. Put the onion through a mincer, just like baked peppers.
5. Put the onion, oil (all at once) and 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot that is placed on the fire (picture 1). Add salt from the beginning to extract the water from the onion. This will cause the onion to simmer, not to fry.
It is good that the pot in which the zacusca is cooked has a thick bottom and does not sit directly on the flame of the stove. I usually put a cast iron stove between the flame and the bottom of the pot.
7. Cook the onion until soft (about 7-8 minutes). Add the finely ground or finely chopped baked peppers (picture 2). Mix well and bring to the boil.
8. Add the chopped eggplant (picture 3).
9. Add the broth, pepper and bay leaves (picture 4). Mix well and reduce the heat. Cover the pot with a lid pulled aside, so that the steam can come out and the pot is covered. During boiling, the zacusca, being viscous, sprinkles everything around, so it is safer to have a lid.
10. Boil for 1 hour, during which time it is checked and mixed carefully every 10 minutes, insisting on the bottom. You can check zacusca even more often. No need to boil more, all the ingredients are already cooked. The peppers are baked, the eggplant as well, the broth boiled. Finally, the zacusca must have a homogeneous, pasty consistency (picture 5). Match the taste with salt and pepper and, if you want to emphasize the natural sweetness of peppers and onions, you can add a tablespoon of sugar.
Zacusca is poured hot into sterilized jars, placed on a metal tray, so as not to crack. About how to prepare jars to preserve food over the winter I wrote more in the recipe for pear compote.
Close the jars with lids or staples checked, not to be deformed or rusted and to close tightly. Also, the lids must be scalded with boiled water. With the tray on which we placed the jars, we now put the zacusca in the preheated oven at 100 ° C for 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and let the jars cool completely in the oven, before storing them in the pantry. Another option would be to place the jars filled with hot zacusca in a nest lined with several layers of thick beds. Wrap them well and let them cool slowly.
Some details about the recipe
Finally, I would like to tell you that the quantities of this recipe are somewhat indicative. I mean, my aunts prepare the same zacusca recipe using 1 liter of oil, which I cut in half. It seemed a lot and useless, and the zacusca came out just as well with less oil. Also, if you expect more acidity from your zacusca, add a little extra broth. Nothing bad will happen, it will only be more bitter. If you have an eggplant in addition to the 3 kilograms indicated, do not leave it orphaned. Put it on too, as it will not adversely affect the recipe.
Also, if your taste feels the need to add to this preparation a spice in addition to the classic ones indicated, do not hesitate to do it. Keep the sense of proportion, however, adding a little, mixing well and tasting the zacusca after each tranche added. My inspiration is a little cumin powder in the zacusca, for example: P, and no one has ever complained.
Eggplant zacusca with champignon mushrooms
Of all eggplant zacusca recipes which we prepare every year, the most appreciated is the recipe Eggplant zacusca with champignon mushrooms.
Mushrooms influence the taste, and if we use fresh champignon mushrooms all the better.
I say this because we often resort to canned food, because they are more handy.
This time I made zacusca with fresh mushrooms and it turned out much better than with canned mushrooms.
Zacusca recipes are very varied, but all start from The classic eggplant zacusca recipe.
to zacusca eggplant recipe with champignon mushrooms, in addition to eggplant, baked peppers and onions, we add champignon mushrooms. We match the taste with spices and tomato paste, or broth.
For zacusca recipes, in order to obtain the optimal taste, we must adjust the quantities of ingredients according to those that influence the taste that satisfies us.
For example, we really like the taste of baked peppers and every time we add with their quantity.
This time the mushrooms were also predominant.
But there are other recipes for zacusca and canned vegetables that you will discover by accessing the category preserves.
* Don't forget that I am waiting for you every day facebook page of the blog with many recipes, new ideas and many other news.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds, where you will be able to upload your photos with dishes from the blog, we will be able to discuss menus, recipes and much more.
Share the recipe:
Package 2 Rollers for vacuuming food 20 cm x 6.7 m
Barista Espresso Machine
Lasagna jar, enameled cast iron, 33cm, turquoise
susu (Chef de cuisine), May 29, 2015
Bravo, congratulations, you are a perfect housewife, what a wonderful pantry
Lia Maria (Chef de cuisine), November 5, 2010
Raluka, thank you for your appreciation, as for the work. You're right, it's not too easy to do, it takes a long time and no matter how careful you are, there is still mess in the kitchen. But, given the fact that I prepare it only once a year and because the result is very, very special, believe me it is worth the effort.
Zacusca de zucchini & # 8211 a successful recipe that I am already preparing for the third year.
& # 8220Pumpkin zacusca & # 8221 is an absolutely delicious snack, very fragrant and creamy, which is prepared simply and easily. This zacusca can be served at any meal, as an appetizer on the holiday table or spread on bread as a separate dish. Make this tasty and cheap zacusca with confidence!
-300 ml of sunflower oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Put all the vegetables through the mincer.
3. Move the vegetables into a large saucepan with a thick bottom or cauldron, pour in the refined oil and mix.
4. Simmer the zacusca over low heat for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
5. After an hour, add the tomato sauce, sugar and salt, mix and simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Put the zacusca in sterilized jars and staple them.
7. Turn the jars upside down, cover them with a duvet and let them cool completely.
You can use any type of fish. A very good option is the mackerel because it is a good and cheap fish. An ideal recipe for the cold winter days that await us. We hope you try this absolutely divine recipe.
Amount: about 8 kg
Preparation time: 60 min / Total time: 150-180 min
a liter of oil, a kilogram of onion, a kilogram of carrots, two kilograms of baked donuts, 3 kilograms of tomatoes (or a liter of tomato juice), 2 kilograms of fish, salt, pepper, other spices.
Method of preparation:
Put the onion and carrots through the mincer, and fry them in oil. Add a little water and let it boil. Add the baked donuts, clean and pass through the car beforehand. Bone the fish, pass it through the machine and add it to the composition together with the tomato juice. Season with salt, pepper and any other spices you want and let it drop until the oil rises. Zacusca is put in jars and sterilized.
Zacusca with mushrooms
Weights can vary depending on how much zacusca you want to make. However, the recipe is extremely simple but delicious on the way out. Spor!
Amount: 2500 g
Preparation time: 15 min / Total time: 120 min
2 medium eggplants, 3 large bell peppers, 1 large onion, 225 ml tomato juice, 60 ml oil, 200 g canned mushrooms, 2 bay leaves, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
Bake the eggplant and peppers on the stove or in the oven. After the peppers are cooked, put them hot in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover (to peel more easily). Eggplants are cleaned and drained (a few hours) on a sloping bottom or in a strainer. Add the peppers and eggplant through the mincer.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Cook in 60 ml of oil until translucent. Add the chopped eggplant and peppers, tomato juice, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
If the zacusca does not have enough liquid to boil, add 100 ml of water or mushroom juice. Boil on low heat for 30 minutes, taking care to stir from time to time so as not to burn.
Add the mushrooms cut according to preference, bigger or smaller, and cook for another 45 minutes.
Taste and if it is sour, add a teaspoon or more of honey.
Hot zacusca is put in jars. They close well and put in a pot with a clean napkin or paper on the bottom (so as not to crack when boiled). Cover completely with warm water. Allow to sterilize over low heat for about an hour after the water starts to boil. Extinguish the fire and allow to cool. After they have cooled, they are placed in the pantry and eventually labeled.
You need fruit, sugar and flavors (cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, lemon). For example, for a blueberry jam, you need 1 kg of blueberries and 400 g of sugar. The washed fruit is covered with sugar, left to soak for a few hours, then boiled for about 20 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking with a wooden spoon. Then put hot, in sterilized and heated jars, close tightly with the lid and put the jar upside down for 10 minutes, to make a vacuum. After that, cover the jars with blankets and leave until morning.
Zacusca recipe for yellow mushrooms
Yellow mushroom zacusca, ingredients:
- 1 kg of pepper
- 1 kg of yellow mushrooms
- 1 hot pepper
- 500 g onions
- 100 ml oil
- 1/2 liter tomato broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Yellow mushroom zacusca, preparation:
Bake the peppers on the stove. Bake until dark. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover with a lid. Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Finely chop, preferably by hand. The mushrooms are washed and diced, but not very small. Finely chop the onion and fry in oil. Leave to harden for about 10 minutes and then add the mushrooms and leave for 25 minutes, until well reduced.
Add the chopped peppers with the juice they leave and add the bay leaves that give a wonderful aroma & icircn mushroom zacusca
After 10-15 minutes, add the broth and let it simmer for about 1 hour, stirring constantly to prevent it from sticking. After an hour, add the crushed garlic, hot pepper (it is not necessary to use it), salt and pepper.
It counts mushroom zacusca Sterilize jars and wrap in blankets to cool gradually.